ROLE: Trainee OR Assistant Estimator
SALARY: £20,000 - £27,000
A market leading specialist steel and metalwork subcontractor is seeking a Trainee or Assistant Estimator to be based in their office in Dorset The successful candidate will be part of a highly successful organisation, who encourage and develop your personal career and aspirations, whilst offering you a generous package and some of the best employment benefits in the industry.
* Assist in Estimating costs and commercial risks of projects at the bid stage
* Assist in the Co-ordination of estimating from other departments and help link the scope, programme, risks and technical submission in generating a cohesive price in formats that suit both the tender submission and the internal Company approval processes
* Co-ordination of subcontractor bids to tie in to Company bidding to clients
* Using standard techniques and experience to scrutinise tender estimates to ensure their competitiveness
* 1 Year Experience in Estimating in a main contractor or subcontractor
* Ability to communicate at all levels with all departments and disciplines
* Full understanding of project life cycle and design and construct process
* Prospective candidates may come from a commercial or Construction/Technical Engineering background
For more information Please call our steel and metalwork specialist Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company for information if you feel you are right for this role.