ROLE: Trainee, Graduate OR Assistant Estimator
SALARY: £20,000 - £30,000 Plus quarterly bonus and company benefits
A market leading specialist steel and metalwork subcontractor is seeking a Trainee or Assistant Estimator to be based in their office in Beford. The successful candidate will be part of a highly successful organisation, who encourage and develop your personal career and aspirations, whilst offering you a generous package and some of the best employment benefits in the industry.
* Estimating costs and commercial risks of projects at the bid stage
* Co-ordinate estimating from other departments and help link the scope, programme, risks and technical submission in generating a cohesive price in formats that suit both the tender submission and the internal Company approval processes
* Co-ordination of subcontractor bids to tie in to Company bidding to clients
* Using standard techniques and experience to scrutinise tender estimates to ensure their competitiveness
* Minimum HNC or equivalent in a construction/technical discipline, e.g. Civil Engineering or construction
* Experience of Estimating in a main contractor or subcontractor - Within a steel or metalwork environment is preferrential
* Ability to communicate at all levels with all departments and disciplines
* Full understanding of project life cycle and design and construct process
* Prospective candidates may come from a commercial or Construction/Technical Engineering background
For more information Please call our steel and metalwork specialist Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company for information if you feel you are right for this role.