ROLE: Temporary Works Engineer
Location: Bristol or Kent
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
The Temporary Works Design Engineer will be working on a range of projects across the UK including foundations, façade retention, tunnelling, Deep basements, Retaining walls, Specialist structural elements and Contractor delegated design elements. The Temporary Works Engineer will be joining a growing team working on multiple projects.
Due to expansion of the company they have a vacancy for Temporary Works Design Engineer who operates at senior level. The Temporary Works Design Engineer will have a broad knowledge of construction techniques and temporary works systems.
The Temporary Works Design Engineer will be a BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering qualified engineer with experience working in a UK consultancy. The Temporary Work Design Engineer should have experience in buildability, site requirements, steel fabrication procedures, concrete works and solid report writing skills.
Temporary Works Engineer Position Overview
- Working on a variety of Medium to Large schemes.
- Adhering to codes of practice, UK regulations and company policies.
- Providing strong technical support to tenders.
- Assisting in winning new business.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible.
Temporary Works Engineer Position Requirements
- Working towards chartered status with the IStructE or ICE
- Must have at least 2 years Temporary Works Design Experience
- A good understanding of principles geotechnical design
- Have experience of having worked on projects reaching Stage 5-6
- Knowledge of Eurocodes in steel, concrete, masonry and timber designs
- Experience in training and mentoring junior staff
- Detail oriented, our designs being almost immediately built on site
Temporary Works Engineer Position Remuneration
- Competitive Salary
- Continued development
- Membership fees
- Other Benefits to be discussed
If you would like to find out more about the company and position please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company