Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor - Highways
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor who has worked to deliver schemes within the Highways Sector? Are you looking for an opportunity within a new role, where you can assist in the delivery and governance of commercial services on a long term Contract? Are you capable of best practice in the support of the commercial elements of the Essex Contract and ensuring excellence in the engagement and management of the supply chain, contract management and governance? Then a key role within the Commercial team of a Market leading Civil Engineering business could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit a qualified Senior Quantity Surveyor with project experience within the Construction Sector to ensure the timely administration of the contracts including monthly payment assessments and change control. You will be a self starter, able to manage your own diary and have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Your duties will include:
- Commercial responsibility for Project works completed under the Variant Bid under the Contract.
- Ensuring robust commercial processes are in place.
- Managing the supply chain ensuring timely assessments and payments.
- Liaising with the Client including regular reporting on cost, cash, risk and opportunities vs the allocated budget.
- Liaising with the design team.
- Line management of team members
Ideal Experience include:
- Degree qualified or equivalent with at least 5 year's full time experience post qualification
- An understanding of cost and contract management systems
- An understanding of civil engineering and highways measurement principles
- A solid understanding of all main forms of NEC contract
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with great vision and a clear path to success.
Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.