Role: Senior Design Engineers - Bridges / Structures
Are you an experienced Senior Design Engineer with a background in the design of Highways Bridges and Structures? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a highly successful Design team within a highly regarded business within the Construction Sector?
Within this newly created position, my client is looking to bring in an experienced Senior Design Engineer to help achieve the growth aspirations of their client. The successful candidate will be a part of an ambitious capital investment programme and play an important role in a team of engineers and technicians who will design and deliver a range of projects.
- Lead preparation of designs for a wide variety of bridge replacement, strengthening and maintenance schemes.
- Line manage and mentor staff within the team.
- Implement a variety of highway structures schemes from 'cradle to grave'.
- Assist in asset management activities including; inspections, review of designs, structural assessments and maintenance prioritisation.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers.
- Assist in the training and development of junior engineers.
- Substantial experience in highway structures inspection, maintenance, design, asset management and construction.
- Working collaboratively with clients, contractors, stakeholders and multidiscipline design teams.
- Good working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges / Specification for Highway Works and Eurocodes.
- Experience of mentoring bridge engineers, graduates and technicians.
- Proficient in the use of LUSAS, TEDDS, RING & AutoCAD.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with a 'can do' approach.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business who will invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities, with competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
Please contact Peter Morse on 01962 896349 as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.