- Lead and develop the Purchase team and ensure that the team has the talent, resources and readiness to meet short and long-term organizational goals
- Identify competences development needs in the team and provide mentoring and training plans
- Ensure timely execution of tasks in the team in accordance with internal targets
- Build a strong team atmosphere and foster collaboration across the organization, advocate culture and values
- Ensure that procedures related to Purchase department are followed in the daily work and local department and cross-department procedures involving Purchase department are up to date
- Be part of management group
- Drive strategy targets related to Supply Chain locally in Asia and cooperate together with the manager and Plant Manager on developing and implementing "Best-in-Class" Supply Chain Management practices
- Supervise manufacturing on-time delivery and lead times from suppliers in Asia, towards sites in Denmark and China in accordance with targets and strategy. Together with the manager plan corrective actions and supervise implementation at suppliers
- Lead and support global and local supply chain projects, including but not limited to reduction of lead time, optimization of workflows, de-risking
- Maintain local inventory levels within strategy target and work towards reduction of slow moving/dead items
- Cooperate with the manager on implementation of global supply chain initiatives/tasks in Asia
- Act as a local supply chain responsible - support and handle local cases, facilitate with responsible colleagues in supply chain team in Denmark when the need arise
- Cooperate together with Global Category Manager and Global Supply Chain Manager on commercial terms negotiation and development/updating of agreements with strategic suppliers
- Support Global Category Manager in implementation of new suppliers in Asia
- Locally support Plant Manager on daily issues related to supply chain
- Follow content of supplier agreements and pricing structure.
- Responsible for domestic freight to customers terms and price negotiation. Responsible for handling of import and export shipping process
IMS, C5 etc.
- Act as an expert within ERP system for the Purchasing team. Provide training and guidelines and ensure correct data entry into ERP
- Monitor internal and supplier KPI - address and resolve issues. Report bigger or recurring problems to direct manager and Plant Manager
- Follow and be up to date on current situation in manufacturing sites through visits and strong personal relations
- Negotiate commercial terms on selected large purchase orders to main motor suppliers and in general with local secondary suppliers, e.g. components, domestic freight forwarding, packing, etc.
- Provide support to DK team on timely processing of enquiries in times of absence
- Personally supervise delivery of high importance motor orders, e.g. new water cooled or EX, etc.
- Analyze and approve all Payment Applications related to purchasing processes managed by Purchase department according to his/her authority and/or submit to Plant Manager for approval
- Project management for own projects
- Various ad hoc supply chain related tasks
- To approve motor supplier related invoices up to 10.000, - RMB as single approver
- Placing of Purchase orders:
- CODE_1 Unlimited amount. Purchase orders according to ERP inventory calculation system. For strategic motor supplier.
- CODE_2, 3 Unlimited amounts. Purchase orders according to Direct Purchase requests in ERP. Purchasing not handled through item number in ERP up to 10.000 RMB. Amounts above this must be approved by Global Supply Chain Manager or Plant Manager in Ningbo
- To change / update the content in the IMS - system with the respective managers as co-approver
- SCM/Business/Engineering education on a high level
- 5 years experience in Purchasing, Strategic sourcing
- Experience with working or doing business in China
- Experience with leading and managing teams
- Negotiation skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS-office