This position is to support Americas Division's expansion Tank Terminal projects throughout the different VPM* stages and applying the right governance by ensuring company standards, Repeatable Formula and Project Controls are applied in accordance with internal, local and national regulations and provide sound project management advice for green & brownfield expansion projects.
Project Management & Controls
- Knowledge & Experience in development of project cost estimating per the international standards and have great understanding of WBS & CBS application
- Support the development of detailed cost estimating at the various FEL levels to ensure the correct estimate class is attained
- Knowledge & Experience in development of project schedule (P6 knowledge is a plus) to ensure proper scheduling level to various FEL stages
- Knowledge in development and application of project controls to ensure proper implementation of scope changes monitoring, documents managements, weekly/monthly reporting, etc.
- Knowledge & experience on contracting and contract management and with different types of contracting strategies.
- Expert knowledge on development, definition and implementation of Front-End Loading (FEL I, II & III)
- Expert knowledge on new/existing technology in relation to green/brownfield terminal development
- Expert Knowledge in industry technologies related to storing & handling of Oil, Gas & Chemical and bulk liquids
- Expert Knowledge of relevant industry standards and practices (e.g. API, NFPA, PIANC, etc.).
- Expert knowledge and capability to support and provide advice during development of the conceptual design, functional requirements and Basis of Design (BoD) in close coordination with Project Team
- Expert knowledge of Project Management Methodologies, familiar with company standards (RF) in multiple disciplines.
Project Management Experience
- Knowledge and experience on construction safety
- A good understanding of construction management is required
- Excellent knowledge on project controls to manage scope, budget, time and risk
- At least 12 years in projects engineering experience especially front-end design such as PFD development, P&ID and HAZOP
- Knowledge in Oil & Gas Terminal operations
- Knowledge and understanding of the different contracting strategies: EPC, EPCM, E+P+C, etc.
- Experience managing multi-discipline engineering projects where complex interface management might be required
- Knowledge and experience on the complete stage gate process (VPM) cycle
- Experience of engineering, procurement, contracting and construction of Storage Tank & Marine Terminal including rail loading/offloading facilities, integration of several disciplines familiar to company.
- Support the development of detailed engineering design, including specification, standards, technology concepts, equipment and materials, operating parameters, IT, utilities, and interfaces.
- Ensure engineering development of projects adheres with company Standards and experiences
- Ensure all Divisional & Global reviews are implemented and complete per VPM methodology
- Ensure full compliance with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure full compliance to company minimum technical, local regulations and operational standards
- All Company Core Competencies as well as the following job specific competencies:
- Detail & Results Orientated
- Results, Quality & Customer Oriented
- Excellent Stakeholder Management on various levels
- Planning, Organizing & Reporting
- Team Player
Professional Education - Master of Science in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Chemical) or equivalent and more than 12 years of relevant projects experience
- Proficient in English language (spoken, read & write)
- Good Spanish language (spoken, read & write)
- MS Office applications
- MS Projects - P6 knowledge & proficiency is a big plus
- Good knowledge and experience of cost estimating software utilization
- Good knowledge and experience of CAD software utilization