ROLE: PRODUCTION PLANNER
A dynamic and forward thinking steel fabricator is currently recruiting of a Production Planner / Production Scheduler to join their supply chain division on a permanent basis.
The Production Planner / Scheduler will be responsible for devising and implementing an effective system of operational planning for the manufacturing line to ensure deliveries are processed and delivered on time.
Must be capable of using Excel, ideally intermediate/advance level, the jobholder will be responsible for excel databases and to plan production and schedule material requirements to support production demand.
Key responsibilities for the Production Planner role and not limited to:
- Reporting capacity constraints to senior management.
- Reporting shortages and delays rescheduling production runs in order to maintain a continuity of service to the lines through to the customer
- Coordinating with logistics supply chain to collect materials at the right time each day
- Coordinating with customers and hauliers for their preferred delivery times
- Measuring KPI's such as production efficiency/productivity, transport utilization and transportation costs
- Setting up all the materials and production planning related parameters i.e. Master data, MOQ's, pack size, routings and BOM's in the ERP system
- Monitor the cost and effectiveness of the activities to optimise resources, prioritise spending and achieve volume, timeliness, reliability, and safety standards
- Using the production planning forecast to schedule production orders and schedule materials from vendors in a regular and timely manner using bespoke planning tables
- Participating in stock count activities as required
Key skills and experience for the Production Planner / Production Scheduler applicant and not limited to:
- Proven experience as a Production Planner steel or metalwork
- Manufacturing background is essential
- Intermediate / Advance Excel user
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
To apply for this Production Planner / Production Scheduler / Material Planner / Material Scheduler / Planner / Scheduler position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For more information please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell or Steel and Metalwork specialist at The Highfield Company