Role: Principal Engineer / Team Leader – Highways Infrastructure
Location: North West
Are you an experienced Principal Engineer who has delivered design solutions for Highways schemes and successfully managed Teams? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a vibrant Regional Team within a growing Civil Engineering Consultancy on schemes for Highways England and Local Authorities? Then a key role within the Design team of a thriving Civil Engineering Company could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit a degree qualified Principal Engineer with design experience within the Highways Sector. You will act as the central coordinating point on all design matters across a portfolio of Projects. You will take an active role in work planning, and line management of staff alongside your Project Management accountabilities.
Working with the Regional Lead, this role will also have supporting responsibilities in Work Winning and Bidding
Your duties will include:
- Point of contact on all project-related matters in all aspects of highway engineering and transportation planning.
- Ensure co-ordination of information and resources.
- Client liaison to agree the specification, timescale, fee and the terms of engagement.
- Liaise with the client to promptly report any variations.
- Ensure that the project is undertaken to the specified budget.
- Ensure that the company’s Quality Assurance procedures across the programme of commissions.
- To keep abreast of the latest developments within the field of Infrastructure Civil & Highway Engineering.
- Understand, comply and assist with company’s Health & Safety Policy and Quality Assurance system.
- Actively mentor and assist in the professional development of more junior staff;
Ideal Experience include:
Degree qualified or equivalent with at least 7 year’s experience post qualification
Experience of working on design contracts and using DMRB.
BEng in Civil Engineering with appropriate experience for the role.
IEng with appropriate Institution (ICE, CIWEM, CIHT) desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with great vision and a clear path to success.
Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.