ROLE: Maintenance Operative / Engineer
Salary: £24,000 -£30,000
Main Purpose of the Role
Ensuring that workshop equipment is maintained and serviced and ensure that repairs are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Carrying out repairs, servicing and set up of, in the main,workshop equipment which is mainly non-mechanical plant and machinery. Some welding work is often required.
2. May be required to spray paint equipment
3. Some basic computer work required to complete certs.
4. Main daily work organization will be done by the line manager
5. You'll need to drive a counterbalance forklift and operate an overhead crane
6. Diligence and attention when carrying out inspections to all lifting equipment on site. The responsibility of signing off equipment. The legalities of LOLER
7. Professional manner - dealing with a variation of people on site
8. Flexible approach to working hours (early starts may be required as that is the nature of the construction industry).
9. Any other necessary training will be given
Basic Skills Required
· Good Planning and organisational skills
Key Personality Traits Required
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
· Accuracy and attention to details.
· Good, clear communication skills.
· Have a can do, problem solving attitude and ability to work fast paced in a high-pressure environment.
· Be positive and perform at your highest level.
For more information please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company