Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: £20,000 - £35,000 (Dependent on level of experience)
An experienced Glazing detialer / draughtsmans is required to join a market leading structural steel specialist based close to Bournemouth. The draughtsperson will be working in a fast paced drawing office, working on a range of projects with Architectural Metalwork, Glazing and Structural Steel.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in using AutoCAD and strong knowledge of this software is essential to the role.
You will be required to liaise with other areas of the business and will therefore possess strong communication skills. Experience in aluminium windows and curtain walling would be advantageous although not essential.
You will integrate yourself in the Company culture and work in line with our values at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Producing detailed Autocad drawings of aluminium windows, doors, curtain walling, louvres, sunscreen, steel doors, steel fire rated screen
- Producing fabrication schedules, cutting lists and installation details suitable for workshop and construction site
- Being cost conscious in relation to the contract works, estimate, programme and selection of the correct product, method of manufacture and installation
- Providing packing lists and crate inventories.
- Liaising with glazing estimator, Drawing Office, Sales Department and designers, etc.
- Advising of any changes that may incur extra costs and charges.
- Corresponding with clients, engineers and architects.
- Reporting to the Glazing Department Manager and working closely with the estimating, ordering and production members of the team.
- A sound knowledge, input and consideration is required concerning ISO9001, BS Standards, EN Standards and Factory Production Control.
- Effectively communicate at all levels.
- Ability to adopt a proactive approach to work and use own initiative.
- Prioritising workload.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to take on new tasks if requested.
- Positive and progressive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
For more information on this role please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company