Role: Finance and Commercial Manager - Highways
Location: South West England
Are you an experienced Finance Manager with a good working knowledge contracts and has previously led teams? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a highly successful regional team on a high profile Highways Contract? Then a role within a market leading Civil Engineering Contractor could be for you.
Within this newly created position, my client is looking to bring in an experienced Finance Manager to oversee the Finance and Commercial Teams on a long term Framework Contract.
You will assimilate, appraise, support, challenge and deliver accurate financial information that is crucial to the decision making, guidance and growth of the company to achieve its full potential.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or have an accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate smooth communications and coordinated actions between finance and commercial teams.
- Manage the performance and development of the commercial and finance team.
- Manage exposure to liability through development and implementation of robust 'Red' claims processes and procedures.
- Identify trends and establish stretching targets for 'Green' claims recovery and drive team to deliver.
- Ensure robust processes, tools and governance arrangements are in place to enable consistent and compliant commercial and financial performance.
- Ensure accurate capture of cost and value.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction/margin improvement
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA 2 years + post qualification experience
- Would suit a qualified professional seeking to move from practice into industry.
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles and processes.
- Experience in preparing financial reports, annual budgets and forecasts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software packages.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression.
Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.