ROLE: Estimator - Glazing but experience in Glazing not essential
SALARY: Dependent on Experience
A market leading specialist steel contractor is currently looking for an experience Estimator to be based in their very impressive office in Dorset They are an established and growing company who value their staff above all. They aim to provide an excellent working environment, training, support and opportunity to grow at a rate that suits you in your chosen career.
Design and manufacture high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Logging of enquiries and keeping database up to date.
- Following up of quotations and tracking where we sit in the market place.
- Scheduling of items from architects drawings and preparing itemised costs for Aluminium or Steel Windows, Doors and Curtain Walling (which are in-house designed).
- Sound Knowledge of glazing products ***Ideal but not essential
- Use of estimating programmes to prepare detailed quotation, specification and drawings. Present to our internal sales engineers and external clients.
- Liaising with draughtsmen, designers and buyers.
- Updating costs when variations are required
- Corresponding with clients, engineers and architects.
- Attending meetings with clients, architects, main contractors and suppliers presenting our products and services in a professional manner.
- Estimates must be set out in a clear and concise manner ensuring they are compliant with project specifications
- Particular attention must be drawn to our Company's requirements to fulfil its obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and CDM Regulations.
- A sound knowledge, input and consideration is required concerning ISO9001, BS Standards, EN Standards and Factory Production Control.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Glazing Estimator.
In return you will be working for one of the market leaders in there field both in the UK and Internationally. The company is due to relocate to brand new state of the art facilities in the next year and have very ambitious plans for the future and you can be a part of that journey.
If you feel you you are right for this role please get in touch with our structural steel specialist Sharon O'Donnell at your earliest convenience.