|Job Title / Description|
|London / South East - Occasionally further a field|
This position reports to the After Sales Manager
Main Purpose of the Role
Responsible for ensuring that OEM equipment is maintained, serviced and that repairs are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Driving to sites across the UK. Predominantly in around the South-East but not limited to these areas. May require some 'nights away'. Flexible approach to working hours (early starts may be required as that is the nature of the construction industry).
2. Carrying out repairs, servicing and set up of, in the main, OEM equipment which is mainly non-mechanical plant and machinery. Some welding work if often required.
3. Recording all work activities (daily - handed in at the end of each day) for office-based line manager in After Sales and obtaining customer 'sign-off' of work completed.
4. Main daily work organization will be done by the line manager in the After Sales team but will often require a proactive approach to agree times and confirmation of arrival to site with the customer.
5. Diligence and attention when carrying out inspections to all lifting equipment on site. The responsibility of signing off equipment. The legalities of LOLER
6. Maintenance and responsibility of on-site vehicle. Ensure daily defect sheets are filled in, checking stock levels of all parts/kit needed, fuelling, cleaning etc., all down to engineer
7. Professional manner on site - dealing with a variation of people on site.
Basic Skills Required
· Production output
· Manager Feedback
· Good communication skills
Key Personality Traits Required
· Customer focused
· Good planning and organisation skills
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure with good adaptability.
· Accuracy and attention to details.
· Be positive, friendly and possess a professional demeanour
For more information on this role please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company