Role: Electrical Jointer / Installation Operative (Perm)
Location: Gloucester (Some travel to sites)
Company: Leading Tier 1 Main Contractor
Project: Highways & Infrastructure
A Tier 1 Contractor is seeking an Electrical Jointer to join the Infrastructure team, undertaking tasks of installation of illuminated street furniture and connection and disconnection of electrical equipment to the electrical distribution network on Street Lighting Contracts. You will be the lead person for electical jointing on site and will report into the delivery manager.
- To complete all relevant testing before and after jointing
- Installation and removal of illuminated Street furniture
- To joint cables/ plant to the electrical network
- To complete paperwork relevant to the task.
- To be prepared to work in a flexible manner/multi-task.
- Be able to joint Electrical Cables Low Voltage.
- Be able to joint the electrical cables in use by the particular Distribution Network Operator (DNO).
- City & Guilds in electrical engineering
- Hold a valid ECS or CSCS Card
- HERS registration
- Knowledge of DNO Policies and Procedures
- Ideally worked on the distribution network
- Able to understand Drawings and Utility Plans
- Good communication skills