Role: Construction Technical Manager
Location: South Wales
Salary: Very competitive package on offer including company car and matched pension
Are you an established Technical Manager with a demonstrable history within PFI Contracts? Are you looking for an opportunity to play a leading role within the SPV delivering the largest Highways Project in Wales? Then a role within this exciting business could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit an experienced Construction Technical Manager with solid Commercial and Contractual experience in the Highways sector. Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for responsible for monitoring the delivery of works to ensure they are fully compliant to the Clients' requirements. You will have daily interface with both the client and the funding body of the DBFOM Joint Venture.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of delivering PFI schemes in the Highways Sector. You will hold relevant engineering degree and be charted or working towards chartership.
Your duties will include:
- Work with the Lender to authorise the Contractor´s monthly payment applications, reporting on the works with respect to cost, quality and programme issues.
- Monitoring design development to ensure that the design continues to support the Projects' lifecycle strategy
- Checking that the Contractor's deliverables meet the legal and quality requirements.
- Reviewing and inputting to the Monthly Construction Progress Report.
- Managing the interface between the Contractor and the Lenders' Technical Adviser,
- Managing the resolution of design and works issues.
- Dealing with variations requests.
- Monitoring any potential construction claim or dispute.
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Engineering background
- Knowledge of project finance and/or PPP/PFI
- Road experience with the ability to understand key technical issues and challenge the contractor accordingly during the construction period, with a view to minimize defects or claims
- Ability to deal with complex situations, including possible disputes/key disagreement between the Grantor and the construction contractor
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression.
Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.