Role: Commercial Manager - Highways
Are you an experienced Commercial Manager who has worked to deliver schemes within the Highways Sector? Are you looking for an opportunity within a new role, where you can lead the Commercial function on a long term Contract? Would you like to work closely with the Contract Director, leading a busy commercial team to deliver sustainable value? Then a key role within the Commercial team of a Market leading Civil Engineering business could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit a qualified Commercial Manager with delivery experience within the Construction Sector to ensure the timely administration of the contracts including monthly payment assessments and change control. You will be a self starter, able to manage your own diary and have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Your duties will include:
- Provide commercial expertise regarding matters of contractual interpretation.
- Manage commercial risks.
- Ensure the timely application and payment for the works.
- Support the operational teams developing design and works estimates and budgets, enabling accurate monthly reporting.
- Providing monthly Client forecasting.
- Ensure robust processes are in place.
- Ensure procurement and engagement of supply chain resource is in line with strategy and procedures.
- Provide commercial information to support client and monthly business cycle management
- Ensure the Commercial Key Performance Indicators are achieved
Ideal Experience include:
- Degree qualified or equivalent with at least 5 year's experience post qualification
- Ideally Membership of a relevant professional institution eg RICS
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate and develop people to achieve their full potential
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate
- An understanding of cost and contract management systems
- A solid understanding of all main forms of NEC contract
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with great vision and a clear path to success.
Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.