Location: Buyer / Procurement
Salary: £30,000 -£45,000
One of the Top Structural Steel and Architectural Metalwork Specialist Contractors in the UK is currently looking for an exceptional Buyer to join their business on a permanent basis. he role will be responsible for buying project related materials and services.
The company manage a number of large, well known projects in the industry and work alongside some of the best main contractors, so this would be a great position for someone who is experienced in the industry and would like to apply their skills, knowledge and experience on other well-known, large scale projects.
- Buying from approved suppliers at agreed rates
- Ensuring that materials and services are bought on time and to the required specification
- Progressing orders for on-time deliveries
- Supporting other team members in times of high demand, holiday or illness
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the components used in our factories
- Be familiar with our manufacturing processes
- Be IT literate (full training on systems will be given)
- Be confident dealing with internal customers and external suppliers over the phone
- Be a customer focused team player
This is an ideal opportunity to develop a career in Buying. Full on the job training will be provided and for the right candidate the opportunity to undertake formal professional training in buying (CIPS) will be considered.
For more information please get in contact with our Structural Steel and Metalwork specialist Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company