Role: Senior Quantity Survyor Location: ScotlandCompany: Leading Specialist ContractorAn exceptional Senior Quantity Surveyor is currently required for a market leading UK specialist Contractor to join the team on a brand new Marine project off mainland Scotland. The project consists of Caisson construction followed by a Pier extension, dredging, fender piles, concrete repairs, earthworks etc. NEC Contract experience is vital and Civils or Marine experience is preferred. Due to the location of this project, working from home on some days would be allowed. Requirements:Suitable Qualification (Quantity surveying, commercial management etc)Marine or heavy civils project experience NEC Contract experienceAbility to work well under pressure This really is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the market leaders in this field who can offer fantastic progression and development alongside a competitive salary and package. Lodge and flights will also be included.
|Salary:||£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, West Sussex|
£30,000 - £40,000 a year
I am looking to speak to Workshop Quality Managers to take charge of all aspects of fabrication at a specialist metalwork firm. The Workshop Manager is responsible for all activities within the Workshop, Yard and Paintshop. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, working alongside their Purchasing Manager and Health & Safety Manager, you will ensure all works are carried out accurately and efficiently to the highest standards, without compromising on quality and/or safety.
As Workshop Manager you will need to:
- Ensure the effective and safe day to day operation of all workshop areas.
- Plan, assign and review the work of workshop operatives delegating where required to respective Chargehands.
- Liaise with the Drawing office to ensure drawings are available for workshop operatives to carry out their assigned tasks and notify them of any errors or omissions.
- Organise the collection and transport to site, suppliers and sub contractors of all part fabricated or completed works, ensuring that fabrication, installation programs and deadlines are met.
- Ensure all items within work packages are fabricated and manufactured to the highest standards, including all welding, surface preparation and painting processes.
- Liaise with the HS&E Manager and others to ensure all machinery and equipment is properly maintained, tested, and documented.
- Ensure the fabric of the workshop building is maintained to a good standard and liaise where required with others to organise the necessary materials or expertise needed to do so.
Supply of Materials:
- Liaise with the purchasing manager to ensure all materials required to complete works packages are ordered and delivered when required.
- Manage yard operatives to ensure that they are receiving, processing and storing all materials in accordance with the factory process controls.
- Manage yard operatives to ensure that all materials and completed works are prepared and loaded safely onto arranged transport and that all relevant documentation is completed.
- Liaise with Site Managers and Project Managers to ensure that when needed all works are delivered to site on time and in a condition to allow installation.
- Maintain communication with site managers when required to ensure the effective service delivery.
Preferred previous experience:
- Workshop Management/Managerial Experience
- Architectural Fabrication Experience - Hands on
- Knowledge of Compliance requirements; 1090-2/NSSS (CE Marking), ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001
- Responsible Welding Co-ordinator
- Paint Quality Management
- LEAN Management
- COSHH/DSEAR Awareness
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Fabrication: 5 years (Required)