We are seeking a qualified Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) professional with experience in the civil engineering/construction industry to cover our regions in London and the South East of England. Representing the first and main point of contact in the regions for all issues relating to SHEQ, promoting a positive attitude and proactive approach at all times;Providing specialist SHEQ input to all regional staff through advice, guidance and support at all stages of project delivery including pre-construction activities such as prequalification and tenderingIdentifying areas that require specific SHEQ improvement and assisting in organising and implementing improvement actions, in conjunction with the regional operational staffRecognise and acknowledge regional operational staff for good and best practice, initiative and effort;Bring examples of good and best practice to the Regional and National Forums for further promotion, recognition and implementation;Play an active role in the regional forums to share trends and lessons learnt and improvements across the construction division and wider company Group;Carrying out a program of SHEQ inspections monitoring compliance with legislation and company operational standardsEnsuring that, where working practices are observed that pose a significant risk to SHEQ standards, the operation is stopped and appropriate communication, support, advice and assistance is given.Ensuring that identified deficiencies are addressed appropriately, escalating significant or re-occurring issues to Senior Management and SHEQ Manager as appropriate.Providing internal training to the regional teams on SHEQ topics, liaising with other Regional Advisors and the company Training department as appropriate;Ensuring the implementation of the company incident/ accident process across the division with the prompt reporting of all incidents and accidents on the system;Working with Director(s) and the SHEQ Manager to determine and undertake an appropriate level of investigation following accidents and incidents;Supporting the Quality Manager in retaining Certification to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001Working with the Director(s), SHEQ Manager and SHEQ Champion(s) to review performance and drive divisional improvements as part of the SHEQ Forum processMonitor current legislation and industry trends by maintaining links to industry bodies and associations to keep abreast of current industry trends and legislative changes;Evaluate and review supply chain performance by monitoring the standards and operations of subcontractors and agency personnel as part of the inspection programme implemented in the division;Carrying out a program of drug and alcohol tests in accordance with the company policy and process and in line with national targets;Hold, or be working towards the NEBOSH diploma (essential)Hold, or be working towards an Environmental qualificationBe a member of IOSHExperience of managing health and safety for construction/civil engineering projectsA practical approach to health and safetyThe ability to be flexible in their approach to work and be able to prioritise as required to ensure delivery of the projectCan demonstrate experience in being an effective team playerAbility to build good working relationships within a team and with other staff and clientan excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
|Sector(s):||Oil & Gas, Power & Energy|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Essex|
Strategic Supply Chain Development Manager
Location: Essex, UK
Salary: Competitive + bonus
Our client is a leading global OEM looking for a Supply Chain Manager who can deliver the strategic objectives of the business for engine related components. The jobholder will ideally hold an engineering qualification or possess an engineering background.
Experience/ knowledge required:
- Fluent English - Essential, other languages - desirable
- Ability to develop and retain key internal and external business relationships
- 5+ years experience of Supply Chain Management and Development within an engineering, automotive or aerospace environment.
- Experience of identifying, implementing and developing new sources of supply for large engineered components.
- An understanding of engineered products and their associated processes of manufacture.
- SAP experience - Desirable.
- Professional Qualification within an engineering capacity or a background within an engineering role.
- Reporting to General Manager Supply Chain & Logistics.
- Work with GM Supply Chain and Logistics and other members of the team to develop the Supply Chain Strategic Vision and formulate strategies and objectives to deliver.
- Lead and develop the Strategic Supply Chain Team to meet
- Provide training and help develop the Supply chain team.
- Focus on continuous improvement of Supply chain, procurement and Quality processes.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge during the sourcing and development of suppliers.
- Develop Suppliers through a continuous improvement process - Lean, 8D, Fishbone, 5Why, Supplier performance management KPI's/ scorecard etc.
If you would like a new challenge within a leading reputable company then please send your CV or you can contact me for more information (+44)1962 896 366. I look forward to receiving your application!