ROLE: Contracts Manager - SteelLOCATION: HampshireA market leading Steel Specialist is currently looking for a Contracts Manager to work on multi-million pound projects based across the UK.This opportunity gives you the chance to develop and train along side the Senior Project Manager and Operations Director. You will be overseeing the planning, technical design, fabrication and engineering aspects of each project.Please note this is a development role with a long term career progression plan for you to become a Senior Project Manager running your own million pound contracts. RequirementsTwo - 4 years years construction experience is essential. Experience within the steel industry is preferable.Degree desirableIf you would like to develop your career to the next step or progress from site work over to a more office based role with a experienced steel specialist this is the job for you! Get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell - Structural steel specialist at The Highfield Company
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Bedfordshire|
Role: Strategic Planning Manager - Highways
Location: Home Counties
Are you an experienced Programme Manager with a history of successfully developing annual strategic plans for complex Highways Schemes? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop strong partnering relationships through working closely with the Client, internal teams, stakeholders and key Supply Chain Partners? Then a key strategic role within the Highways team of a Market leading Civil Engineering Contractor could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit a Strategic Planning Manager with strong stakeholder management skills, who is able to develop and continually update a Programme of Highways works to be delivered across the year.
The successful candidate will have a focus on visibility, transparency and delivery, whilst engaging with stakeholders to develop a viable programme.
Your duties will include:
- Manage and support team responsible for Planning and Programming.
- Ensure programme is updated regularly and accurately.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the agreed deadlines
- Produce build and prelim programmes.
- Manage client relationships including third parties and supply chain.
- Explore innovative ways to deliver, through value engineering and initiative management.
- Provide leadership and direction.
- Day to day interaction with Clients, Build Teams and other departments.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management Systems.
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Experience in Project Planning in a highways maintenance and construction environment.
- At least 5yrs experience in leading a team.
- The ability to challenge existing programmes of work.
- Ability to effectively plan, allocate and supervise staffing, plant and material resources.
- Comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.
- Detailed understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression.
Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.