Role: Senior Planner - Highways / Civils Location: London / South East Are you an experienced Senior Planner who has delivered Highways Schemes looking to join a growing Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor? Are you looking for an opportunity to join the Planning Team on a flagship Highways Project? Then a role within a Market Leading Contractor could be for you. My client is looking to recruit an area based Senior Planner with demonstrable track record who can operate on site delivering an NEC Contract Programme. The successful candidate will who will report to the Area General Manager and oversee the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme. Your duties will include:Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract.Manage and control programme information.Allocate resources.Assist with the financial progress and performance reporting.Preparation of programme and method information.Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme. Ideal Qualifications include:Degree / HNC / HNDProgramme delivery experience within the Highways Sector.Demonstrable experience in leadership and resource allocation.Experience in risk identification and assessment.Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme.Knowledge of Asta, the full MS Office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression. Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.
|Locations:||United Kingdom, West Sussex|
you will report directly to the Project Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
- Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution
- Review contractual agreements and develop design, working methods, programme and forecast costs with the Agent, General Foreman and Subcontractors / Suppliers identifying any inaccuracies or inconsistencies, and feedback any changes made to the QA and QS teams
- Develop programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the project manager and QS department
- Be fully conversant with subcontractors contract conditions, develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the QS team
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme
- Communicate to the QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to
- Develop a culture of safety on throughout the team through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos
- Develop a wider awareness of environmental issues and demonstrate commitment to achieving Zero Environmental Breaches
- Ensure that staff receive or have access to safety and environmental management systems and polices and are kept informed of all developments and issues
- Ensure that the staff receive suitable training appropriate to their roles and requirements of the safety and environmental Procedures and management
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Previous water/waste water treatment experience
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software)
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
If you are interested in hearing more about this outstanding role then do not hesitate to call me on 01962 896 369 and ask for Matt!