Looking for a Principal/Senior Civil Engineer for an ongoing contract out of Winchester. What you'll be doing:*Be responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager*Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)*Prepare client / project proposals*Oversees the delivery of projects*Produce flood risk assessments (FRA's) and Drainage strategies*Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals*Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals*Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects*Produce civil engineering drawings and layout and/or supervise/mentor more junior engineers & CAD Technicians*Provides day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving*Starting to run small jobs autonomously*Flexible working to meet project deliverables, demonstrates efficient working under pressure*Procure project resources*Construct project teams from internal and external resources.*Support senior civil engineering staff with designWhat we need from you:*Some experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice*Pre-Planning experience for Flood Risk and/or Masterplanning support [desirable]*A good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc.)*An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2*A relevant engineering qualification (BEng or equivalent)*Good understanding of Building Regulation Part H designs, and*A competent user of Windes Microdrainage, AutoCAD*Fully conversant in AutoCAD with Civil Engineering related experienceif this is of interest to you then call Matt today on 01962 896 369
|Salary:||€75,000 to €95,000 Per Annum|
We are on assignment with one of Europe's largest contracting companies who are seeking a Senior Project Manager (fluent in German) - to lead the fit-out element of a new Pharmaceutical Facility in German speaking Switzerland.
This is a great opportunity to join a business who have established themselves as the market leader in the delivery of Pharmaceutical projects for leading research & development companies.
Reporting to the local senior management team, you will be responsible for the following
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Develop full scale fit-out plans.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff.
- Manage project budget.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Fluency in German with strong English language skills.
- Track record as a Project Manager on Hi Tech/Pharmaceutical/Complex Engineering/MEP projects.
- Willing to work and live in a 'remote' location for a minimum of 2 years during the project lifecycle.
A negotiable annual salary paid in Euros with additional company/location benefits will be offered to the successful individual. Accommodation will be provided throughout the project duration.
To apply for this position, please submit an up to date copy of your CV without delay.
If you wish to discuss the opportunity, please call Martin Collins on +44 1962 896346 for a confidential discussion.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.