ROLE: Contracts Manager - SteelLOCATION: HampshireA market leading Steel Specialist is currently looking for a Contracts Manager to work on multi-million pound projects based across the UK.This opportunity gives you the chance to develop and train along side the Senior Project Manager and Operations Director. You will be overseeing the planning, technical design, fabrication and engineering aspects of each project.Please note this is a development role with a long term career progression plan for you to become a Senior Project Manager running your own million pound contracts. RequirementsTwo - 4 years years construction experience is essential. Experience within the steel industry is preferable.Degree desirableIf you would like to develop your career to the next step or progress from site work over to a more office based role with a experienced steel specialist this is the job for you! Get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell - Structural steel specialist at The Highfield Company
|Salary:||£75,000 to £95,000 Per Annum|
|Benefits:||car, travel, health, pension|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, London|
|Town/City:||City of London|
Central London, UK
Our top tier client is one of the world's leading project development and construction groups, having worked on some of Britain's most iconic projects. They are urgently looking for a Senior Planner to work on their expanding portfolio of major commercial developments in Central London.
They are seeking candidates with the following:
- Graduate Diploma/Degree in Construction, Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Preference for a qualified builder ie. MCIOB
- Experience of planning on a variety of building projects - commercial, hotels, residential, public with values greater than £50m
- Experience of Design and Build and traditional contract forms
- Tendering experience extremely desirable
- Self-motivated, strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of project delivery and programme management
- Competency in utilising planning software Asta Powerproject & Primavera
- Any experience of utilising BIM is advantageous
Reporting into the Director of Planning, you will:
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, consultants, sub-contractors and external parties to ensure a collaborative approach to project co-ordination
- Take responsibility for coordinating all 3rd party constraints, design, procurement and construction information into an integrated programme
- Work with the team to develop and maintain an integrated project programme
- Make project team members at all relevant levels aware of risks, key issues and solutions in a proactive manner
- Gather and record as built data on live projects
- Provide reports and progress information to senior management and client
- Provide suitable bid support at tender stage
- Comply with the company Planning Guidelines contained within the business unit IMS
- Take a proactive role in the development of planning best practice as required
Our client is keen to interview as soon as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with an extremely well reputed, tier 1 company, with excellent long-term prospects.
On offer will be an excellent salary package and a long-term position with the company.
If you match the above criteria and would like to be considered for the role, please contact Nick Osman;
Please note that due to a high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.