General Manger for Supply Chain: Valves BusinessMust have experience of purchasing of castings and machining with an annual budget of excess of £5million Accountabilities:Executes and develops objectives, processes, plans and programsLead implementation of supply management strategy, guidelines and processes and ensure compliance to these in operational purchasing in business unitImpact:Tactical: specify new products, processes, standards based on organisation strategy or set short -to mid - term operational plans Main Responsibilities:1.Lead and coach a team of operational purchasers to cover the whole Valves product portfolio.Overall responsibility for the sourcing and purchase of all goods and services required throughout the organisation3.Solve complex or continual - delivery problems when escalated from operational purchasers.4.Oversee and control in-bound logistics including controlling, monitoring, and reporting of inventory levels (if relevant for business unit).5.Ensure optimal inventory turnover that minimises material shortage downtime together with operational purchasers.6.Establishment and fostering of supplier relationships to develop and ensure a total least cost supply of the goods and services. 7.Participate in developing and ensuring implementation of and compliance to business unit supply management, strategy, guidelines and processes.To travel and meet with key suppliers when required, as well as travel to each Valve manufacturing site and maintain the proper management of each purchasing team and vendors.9.Ensure that annual scoring targets and objectives are met.10.Gather, consolidate and monitor spend data.
|Sector(s):||Oil & Gas, Power & Energy|
Salary/ package: Competitive + excellent bonus + relocation package where applicable
Our client is a world leading OEM in the field of compressors. They are now searching for a sales engineer to strengthen the engineering team. This is a new role due to company growth where they are looking to build the team, and the jobholder will be responsible for regional or global coverage.
Experience/ knowledge required:
- Fluent English and German (written and verbal) - Essential, other languages - desirable
- Qualified to a degree level within a Mechanical Engineering capacity
- Several years' experience with reciprocating compressors either with sales/ application/ design or as a technical specialist
- Experience on the end user site would be advantageous
- Must possess a passion for customer focus or a strong service orientation
- Strong communication skills within an international capacity
- Reporting to the Head of Sales Engineering
- Seek for sales opportunities together with subsidiaries and sales team
- Support to develop new products for new markets
- Build and maintain effective business relationships
- Technical / commercial support of our subsidiaries and sales team with engineering solutions for the reciprocating compressors
- Handling of engineering & revamp requests of compressor end users
- Close cooperation with our internal departments and technical specialists
- Prepare budget as well as final technical / commercial offers incl. follow-up
- Contract development and negotiation with our international clients
- Handover of sold project to project management team
If you would like a new challenge within a progressive leading company then please contact me on (+44)1962 896 366 or on email I look forward to your application!