Role: Design Manager - Highways Schemes Location: Based in Bedfordshire Are you an experienced Design Manager with a record of successfully delivering Highways Maintenance schemes? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a highly successful regional team within a tier 1 market leading contractor? Within this newly created position, my client is looking to bring in an experienced Design Manager, reporting directly to the Schemes Manager they will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of all design proposals. The ideal candidate will have experience of Highways Schemes or come from a similar Civils background. Main Duties and Responsibilities:On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:Design responsibility for the works packages.Working with the Supply Chain to ensure levels of service.Ensure that your objectives are adequately cascaded and supported by your team.Promote and value a culture of continual improvement.Support Construction Manager in the production of annual budget. Essential:Demonstrable understanding of all schemes activities through design, build and handover.Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.Ability to advise Clients at all stages of project.An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.Ability to engage with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.An understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression. Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.
|Salary:||£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire|
Quantity Surveyor - Cambridgeshire - Civil Contractor
We are working with one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors who have a Strong and proven history in delivering some of the UK's and worlds most complex and technical engineering projects.
Following a recent project award in Cambridge they are now looking to bring on board a junior level Quantity Surveyor who they can develop in the future leaders of their business.
Within the role key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
In return, our client is offering a permanent role within one of the UK's leading contractors who have shown they will look after staff and grow them to their full potential.