ROLE: Estimator / Bid ManagerLOCATION: DorsetSALARY: Dependent on Experience A market leading specialist steel contractor is currently looking for an experience Estimator / Bid Manager to be based in their very impressive office in Dorset They are an established and growing company who value their staff above all. They aim to provide an excellent working environment, training, support and opportunity to grow at a rate that suits you in your chosen career. The Bid Manager shall: Be responsible for ensuring bids are submitted on time and to a high standardReport as required on the progress of each bid against agreed programme.Review technical solutions to ensure most cost efficient solutions are submittedImplement bid strategies to co-ordinate the preparation and submissionPresent internally for approval, information incl technical responses, staffing and administration structures for bid preparationCo-ordinate, prepare and continually review bid submissions.Prepare meeting schedules and coordination of the design and construct teamsPrepare bid presentations In return you will be working for one of the market leaders in there field both in the UK and Internationally. The company is due to relocate to brand new state of the art facilities in the next year and have very ambitious plans for the future and you can be a part of that journey. If you feel you you are right for this role please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at your earliest convenience.
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Hertfordshire|
Job Title - Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location - Hertfordshire
Our client specialises in the design, build and management of structural steel work Projects, across the UK. They now seek an additional QS to join their team and they offer a very competitive salary for the right candidate, negotiable dependent upon experience, working on one of the biggest projects of our time!
Job description & Responsibilities for Quantity Surveyor
Our client has several live projects across the London/Greater London area as well as a healthy pipeline on major projects. Some of your responsibilities whilst working with our client will be:
- Responsible for managing all project costs from pitch to completion.
- Undertaking cost analysis & preparing reconciliation documents.
- Attending meetings and liaising with stakeholders on commercial matters.
- Monitoring the cost of site resources.
- Inspecting and valuing sub-contract works.
- Completing sub-contract orders & payments efficiently to avoid any discrepancies.
- Preparing & sending out accurate Bill of Quantities documents.
- Aiding with monthly cost & value reports, quarterly reports & cash flow information.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Degree Qualified
- Ideally some experience in quantity surveying for Construction projects
- Excellent people skills
- Commercially aware
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this role is of interest to you then please contact Sharon O'Donnell our steel specialist on 01962 896 353