ROLE: Assistant Project Manager - SteelLOCATION: Somerset A market leading Steel Specialist is currently looking for a Assistant Project Manager to work on multi-million pound projects based across the UK.This opportunity gives you the chance to develop and train along side the Senior Project Manager and Operations Director. You will be overseeing the planning, technical design, fabrication and engineering aspects of each project.Please note this is a development role with a long term career progression plan for you to become a Senior Project Manager running your own million pound contracts. RequirementsTwo - 4 years years construction experience is essential. Experience within the steel industry is preferable.Degree desirableIf you would like to develop your career to the next step or progress from site work over to a more office based role with a experienced steel specialist this is the job for you! * Contract ManagerGet in touch with Sharon O'Donnell - Structural steel specialist at The Highfield Company
|Salary:||£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Kent|
I am looking for a Quantity Surveyor on a perm basis either from a Utilities or Fibre background preferably BT/Telecoms , As a result of continued growth in the Telecom Division the business requires a Quantity Surveyor to support an existing Framework with one of our key and long established clients. This position will be predominantly working in our Southern area based in Dartford with visits to our offices based in Dartford.
It is essential that you have a good understanding and working knowledge / application of the Telecom sector or other utility and has experience of working in a high volume transactional environment.
To plan, control and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of all the projects under the framework and to maintain compliance with the conditions of contract and company policies. Working in a team reporting directly to a Commercial Manager.
Work closely with the Project Delivery Teams to ensure compliance with the Conditions of Contract, maintain the administration of the contract and ensure it is carried out in a correct and timely manner.
Ensure the correct contractual procedures are operated for all projects, maintain compliance with the company policies and procedures and through audit demonstrate compliance within the delegation of authority guidelines.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of the change Control process and financial risk management at Project level.
- Ensure financial information is available for audits and KPI reporting.
- Track and report cash flow and monitor and action ageing profiles.
- Review Cost and Value Reports and margin analysis for projects on a monthly basis and summarise for Directors and financial reporting.
- Review the project applications and out-turn forecasts on a regular basis with regard to monitoring actual performance against budget and provide updates and action plans.
- Monitor and report ledger trends and review potential lean efficiencies and implement improvements.
- Regularly review the approved supply chain and ensure best value, including negotiation and award of subcontracts using the appropriate suite of orders.
- Final account the works and subcontract accounts.
- Work with internal departments to further develop any system improvements, integration and reporting tools.
- Regularly liaise with key stakeholders.
- Ideally HNC or Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline and working towards a chartered membership.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge at the appropriate level within a contracting organisation
- Good communications skills, able to communicate confidently with the client and the MUS team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage/prioritise workloads.
- Ability to adapt and challenge.
- Ability to appropriately delegate tasks to the team.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Excellent numeric and literacy skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety.
- Knowledge and experience of different forms of Contracts.
Call Matt on 01962 896 369! or E-mail me your CV