ROLE: Assistant Project Manager - SteelLOCATION: Somerset A market leading Steel Specialist is currently looking for a Assistant Project Manager to work on multi-million pound projects based across the UK.This opportunity gives you the chance to develop and train along side the Senior Project Manager and Operations Director. You will be overseeing the planning, technical design, fabrication and engineering aspects of each project.Please note this is a development role with a long term career progression plan for you to become a Senior Project Manager running your own million pound contracts. RequirementsTwo - 4 years years construction experience is essential. Experience within the steel industry is preferable.Degree desirableIf you would like to develop your career to the next step or progress from site work over to a more office based role with a experienced steel specialist this is the job for you! * Contract ManagerGet in touch with Sharon O'Donnell - Structural steel specialist at The Highfield Company
|Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum|
|Benefits:||35 days annual leave,Pension,Healthcare.|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, West Midlands|
Fantastic permenant opportunity here for Civil Engineering Quantity Surveyors, This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
- Responsibility for ensuring commercial control of individual projects.
- Ability to support the Senior Quantity Surveyor across multiple projects.
- Management of the Financial Change process under various Forms of Contract.
- Ensuring correct Contract Administration.
- Controlling project costs and managing revenue.
- Cost and value reporting.
- Assist with payment authorisation of subcontractors.
- Managing and reporting programme progress and financial forecasting.
- Manage Health and Safety and Environmental matters on the project.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable).
- Proven track record and relevant experience in the construction/civil engineering sector (essential).
- Proven Quantity Surveying experience.
- Knowledge of NEC, JCT and ICC forms of contract.
- Experience of the estimating process and preparation of tender prices.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Good problem solving skills.
- IT literate
call Matt today 01962 896 369 and we can discuss some of the projects.