We are seeking a qualified Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) professional with experience in the civil engineering/construction industry to cover our regions in London and the South East of England. Representing the first and main point of contact in the regions for all issues relating to SHEQ, promoting a positive attitude and proactive approach at all times;Providing specialist SHEQ input to all regional staff through advice, guidance and support at all stages of project delivery including pre-construction activities such as prequalification and tenderingIdentifying areas that require specific SHEQ improvement and assisting in organising and implementing improvement actions, in conjunction with the regional operational staffRecognise and acknowledge regional operational staff for good and best practice, initiative and effort;Bring examples of good and best practice to the Regional and National Forums for further promotion, recognition and implementation;Play an active role in the regional forums to share trends and lessons learnt and improvements across the construction division and wider company Group;Carrying out a program of SHEQ inspections monitoring compliance with legislation and company operational standardsEnsuring that, where working practices are observed that pose a significant risk to SHEQ standards, the operation is stopped and appropriate communication, support, advice and assistance is given.Ensuring that identified deficiencies are addressed appropriately, escalating significant or re-occurring issues to Senior Management and SHEQ Manager as appropriate.Providing internal training to the regional teams on SHEQ topics, liaising with other Regional Advisors and the company Training department as appropriate;Ensuring the implementation of the company incident/ accident process across the division with the prompt reporting of all incidents and accidents on the system;Working with Director(s) and the SHEQ Manager to determine and undertake an appropriate level of investigation following accidents and incidents;Supporting the Quality Manager in retaining Certification to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001Working with the Director(s), SHEQ Manager and SHEQ Champion(s) to review performance and drive divisional improvements as part of the SHEQ Forum processMonitor current legislation and industry trends by maintaining links to industry bodies and associations to keep abreast of current industry trends and legislative changes;Evaluate and review supply chain performance by monitoring the standards and operations of subcontractors and agency personnel as part of the inspection programme implemented in the division;Carrying out a program of drug and alcohol tests in accordance with the company policy and process and in line with national targets;Hold, or be working towards the NEBOSH diploma (essential)Hold, or be working towards an Environmental qualificationBe a member of IOSHExperience of managing health and safety for construction/civil engineering projectsA practical approach to health and safetyThe ability to be flexible in their approach to work and be able to prioritise as required to ensure delivery of the projectCan demonstrate experience in being an effective team playerAbility to build good working relationships within a team and with other staff and clientan excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
|Salary:||£45,000 to £50,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Hampshire|
Job Overview We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work within our Commercial Team based out of our Portsmouth and Rickmansworth offices but will be required to travel to sites across South of England, The individual will play an integral role in in managing the commercial aspects of our civil engineering contracts in order to support the continued growth of our business across England and Wales. This is an exciting and demanding role with great potential for progression.
- To assist the Divisional Directors, Contracts Managers and Site Agents in the commercial and contractual issues on site and contribute to the resolution of these issues.
- Review new / varied items and check quotations of new rates and conditions.
- To check and maintain the timely submission of applications and final accounts.
- To ensure adequate representation of commercial interests at site meetings.
- To assist with internal reporting and forecasting
- To assist with reviewing and commenting on tender documentation during tender period and, if successful, handover.
- To assist with sub contract management from negotiation and preparation of sub-contract orders, on-site management and final account.
- Preparing and negotiating claims in conjunction with the Managing Directors (Civil Engineering) Divisional Directors, Contracts Managers.
- Vetting of final accounts.
- Preparing of a final account report.
- To maintain an awareness of the different Conditions of Contracts in current use and understanding of the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Be aware of the Company's Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality systems and procedures and ensure their application as they relate to their areas of responsibility
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Be able to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations in a results driven environment.
- Strong commercial acumen and proven problem-solving ability
- Strong communicator over letters, email, phone, meetings and in presentations
- Be able to work well within a team
- Full UK driving license.
- The ability to identify and manage project budgets and supporting the Contracts Manage
- Understanding the importance of, and the having the ability to control costs
- Experience in sub-contract procurement and management.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills are required as the role is client facing.
- The ability to ensure that the site team keeps good records and captures variations
Call Matt today 01962 896 369!