I am looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Sueveyor with a utilities/heavy civils background who will be responsible for the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. Work within the project teams liaising with the Partner Commercial Lead, project engineers, procurement coordinators, schedulers, planners, site team managers, creating an environment of out performance.Key ResponsibilitiesProvide assistance with preparation of integrated cost forecasts for projects including the provision of cost reports out of CCMS either weekly or otherwise as agreed.Monitor insurance claims including collation of cost information in relation to claims.Ensure contract files and records are maintained and keep up to date.Ensure final accounts are prepared timely and accurately.Ensure financial information for audits is collated and cost assurance processes are followed.Keep the Programme Area Commercial Manager/Partner Commercial Lead and relevant Programme Managers informed of all relevant commercial issues including contract correspondence, preparing responses where appropriateEnsure actual costs are collated in accordance with the respective WBS and all cost base requirements are captured.Your Skills And KnowledgeEducated to Degree level in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experienceKnowledge and experience of NEC3 Contracts & sub-contract administrationIdeally you will have a background in utilities, construction or healthcare building and construction.Siteman, Coins or equivalent system knowledgeA proficient user of MS Office, especially ExcelA good knowledge of Sub-contractsPurchase ledger experienceAbility to work under pressure and meet deadlinesA full UK Driving LicencePay And BenefitsSalary click apply possibly negotiable depending on experienceCompany vehicle - fuel card (business use only)Annual bonus and contributory pension schemeTraining, development and career opportunities availableCompany mobile phoneTravel time - paid over 1 hour either way call Matt today for an exploratory conversation 01962 896 369!
|Salary:||£50 to £55 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Oxfordshire|
Are YOU a Quantity Surveyor looking to further your career in Civil Engineering? I am working with a fantastic company looking to employ a Quantity Surveyor on a full time basis
- To assist the Divisional Directors, Contracts Managers and Site Agents in the commercial and contractual issues on site and contribute to the resolution of these issues.
- Review new / varied items and check quotations of new rates and conditions
- To check and maintain the timely submission of applications and final accounts.
- To ensure adequate representation of commercial interests at site meetings.
- To assist with internal reporting and forecasting.
- To assist with reviewing and commenting on tender documentation during tender period and, if successful, handover.
- To assist with sub contract management from negotiation and preparation of sub-contract orders, on-site management and final account.
- Preparing and negotiating claims in conjunction with the Managing Directors (Civil Engineering) Divisional Directors, Contracts Managers.
- Vetting of final accounts.
- Preparing of a final account report.
- To maintain an awareness of the different Conditions of Contracts in current use and understanding of the implications of health and safety regulations
- Be aware of the Company's Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality systems and procedures and ensure their application as they relate to their areas of responsibility.
- Be able to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations in a results driven environment.
- Strong commercial acumen and proven problem-solving ability.
- Strong communicator over letters, email, phone, meetings and in presentations
- Be able to work well within a team.
- Full UK driving license.
- The ability to see a commercial opportunity.
- The ability to identify and manage project budgets and supporting the Contracts Manager in delivering within budget.
- Understanding the importance of, and the having the ability to control costs
- Experience in sub-contract procurement and management
- Good negotiation and influencing skills are required as the role is client facing.
- The ability to ensure that the site team keeps good records and captures variations.
- Working knowledge of standard forms of contract.
- Experience in CVR reporting.
- Strong experience of the civil engineering industry
Call Matt today this wont be around long... 01962 896 369!