Role: Senior Quantity Survyor Location: ScotlandCompany: Leading Specialist ContractorAn exceptional Senior Quantity Surveyor is currently required for a market leading UK specialist Contractor to join the team on a brand new Marine project off mainland Scotland. The project consists of Caisson construction followed by a Pier extension, dredging, fender piles, concrete repairs, earthworks etc. NEC Contract experience is vital and Civils or Marine experience is preferred. Due to the location of this project, working from home on some days would be allowed. Requirements:Suitable Qualification (Quantity surveying, commercial management etc)Marine or heavy civils project experience NEC Contract experienceAbility to work well under pressure This really is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the market leaders in this field who can offer fantastic progression and development alongside a competitive salary and package. Lodge and flights will also be included.
|Salary:||£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, West Sussex|
QUALITY MANAGER & RWC
35000 - 45000 PLUS PACKAGE
My well established client is currently looking for a full time Quality Manager & RWQ to oversee all areas of quality control/quality management within the production area of the business.
To ensure the quality standards of the product meet the client expectations and all necessary compliance.
Ensure all quality activities are carried out to the programmes required and to the correct specification.
As nominated RWC, you will also assume all statuary and operational responsibilities for the companies welding activities.
1) Ensure all RWC requirements and responsibilities are conducted in a timely fashion to program and to the relevant standards; this includes paint and finishing standards (see below)
2) Work with the drawing office to check drawings before they are issued to the shop floor to ensure all relevant information is correct for the most efficient fabrication
3) To own the NCR process for all production areas including goods-in, ensuring all shop floor activities are controlled and advising where areas of improvement can be achieved
4) To enhance the shop floor quality culture, developing best practise and guiding new starters on best methods and most efficient fabrication practice
5) Develop & publish a robust QC checking procedure for goods-in, fabrication, painting & finishing and despatch and advising on resourcing requirements for each
6) Work with the Planning Manager to ensure all equipment, hand tools and welding plant are serviced and calibrated in a timely fashion within the TPM framework
7) Work with the Production Manager to ensure all workshop staff are working towards achieving the relevant qualifications to conduct their duties.
8) Developing Standard Operating Procedures and training plans to continue to enhance the quality output of the business
9) QA Manager to undergo MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) training to enable Builders Beams to keep the weld testing in house and controlled. Further training of UT (ultrasonic Testing) to be carried out in due course.
10) Working with Production manager to ensure QA check sheets are completed daily
11) Maintain high standards of personal and workshop training. Ensure that where NCR identify training issues this training is completed in a timely fashion and all records are required are kept and disseminated across the business
12) Inform the Operations Director when further action needs to be considered with an employee under their supervision.
13) Facilitate the team to interact and develop into a cohesive unit
14) Comply with all company quality and operating procedures, paying particular attention to the quality of goods produced
15) Maintain strong liaisons between all Teams to guarantee effective and efficient production. Ensure the Finance and Commercial Teams are kept informed of any issues that could affect customer satisfaction and payment, including delivery or production delays.
16) RWC duties
Satisfactory qualification of all welding operators
Welder qualification tests are carried out in accordance with the required standard
All welder qualification tests are documented
Testing of weld/welder qualification test pieces
Allocating all welders and welding operators with a unique identification number
Maintaining a register of qualified welders detailing qualifications;
If you feel you are right for this role please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company