I am looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Sueveyor with a utilities/heavy civils background who will be responsible for the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. Work within the project teams liaising with the Partner Commercial Lead, project engineers, procurement coordinators, schedulers, planners, site team managers, creating an environment of out performance.Key ResponsibilitiesProvide assistance with preparation of integrated cost forecasts for projects including the provision of cost reports out of CCMS either weekly or otherwise as agreed.Monitor insurance claims including collation of cost information in relation to claims.Ensure contract files and records are maintained and keep up to date.Ensure final accounts are prepared timely and accurately.Ensure financial information for audits is collated and cost assurance processes are followed.Keep the Programme Area Commercial Manager/Partner Commercial Lead and relevant Programme Managers informed of all relevant commercial issues including contract correspondence, preparing responses where appropriateEnsure actual costs are collated in accordance with the respective WBS and all cost base requirements are captured.Your Skills And KnowledgeEducated to Degree level in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experienceKnowledge and experience of NEC3 Contracts & sub-contract administrationIdeally you will have a background in utilities, construction or healthcare building and construction.Siteman, Coins or equivalent system knowledgeA proficient user of MS Office, especially ExcelA good knowledge of Sub-contractsPurchase ledger experienceAbility to work under pressure and meet deadlinesA full UK Driving LicencePay And BenefitsSalary click apply possibly negotiable depending on experienceCompany vehicle - fuel card (business use only)Annual bonus and contributory pension schemeTraining, development and career opportunities availableCompany mobile phoneTravel time - paid over 1 hour either way call Matt today for an exploratory conversation 01962 896 369!
|Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, West Midlands|
ROLE: Projects Manager
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 Plus Package
LOCATION: West Midlands
My client is currently looking for an established Projects Manager with significant experience in Structural Steel. The job role will entail delivering numerous Structural Steel a Projects to successful fruition. Contracts will range in value from from £500,000 to £4m in value. The successful candidate will work between both the office and site.
The job role will entail:
- Providing support to the company and client site teams.
- Working closely with the design team to develop value engineering options, improve upon product aesthetics and enhance delivery timescale.
- Set and manage project delivery strategies; monitoring progress, maintaining quality and commercial aspects of the scheme.
- Plan/phase manufacture through the workshop with the workshop foreman. Plan procurement with purchasing.
- Contribute as part of the Senior Management to the effective day to day running of the business and shaping future strategies and policies to ensure continued growth and upholding of reputation within the industry.
Experience / Qualifications
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS (or equivalent) health and safety qualification.
- Appointed Person qualification would also be an advantage.
- Experience of working in within the structural steel industry.
If you feel this role is for you, please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company.