Looking for a Principal/Senior Civil Engineer for an ongoing contract out of Winchester. What you'll be doing:*Be responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager*Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)*Prepare client / project proposals*Oversees the delivery of projects*Produce flood risk assessments (FRA's) and Drainage strategies*Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals*Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals*Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects*Produce civil engineering drawings and layout and/or supervise/mentor more junior engineers & CAD Technicians*Provides day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving*Starting to run small jobs autonomously*Flexible working to meet project deliverables, demonstrates efficient working under pressure*Procure project resources*Construct project teams from internal and external resources.*Support senior civil engineering staff with designWhat we need from you:*Some experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice*Pre-Planning experience for Flood Risk and/or Masterplanning support [desirable]*A good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc.)*An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2*A relevant engineering qualification (BEng or equivalent)*Good understanding of Building Regulation Part H designs, and*A competent user of Windes Microdrainage, AutoCAD*Fully conversant in AutoCAD with Civil Engineering related experienceif this is of interest to you then call Matt today on 01962 896 369
|Sector(s):||Building, Civil Engineering|
|Salary:||$6,000 to $9,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||Kenya, Sub-saharan Africa|
ocation: Two Vacancies Kenya + Shrilanka
Salary: 6-9k USD per month depending on experience
Are you an experienced Project Engineer with project management exposure who has led construction teams internationally?
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can lead the delivery of a quality service, working for a highly reputable engineering company, whilst growing a portfolio of clients?
Then a role within this winning business could be for you.
My client is a hugely successful Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide portfolio of impressive, innovative and sustainable projects.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Project Engineer who is highly skilled in coordinating projects such as bridges and highways, who will provide necessary support and advisory services to operations both on and off site. Additionally, collaborate innovation initiatives to support execution strategies. Reporting to the project manager, you will; lead a team on site, detect and manage clashes and be design focused.
Your duties will include:
- Managing a team on site.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders including; the consultants, designers and internal operation team.
- Ensure the smooth execution and delivery of the project.
- The scheduling and preparation of pre-planning resources for engineering and other technical activities.
- Ensure that deliverables are being met.
- Support new, exciting and innovative projects.
- demonstrate exceptional leadership abilities.
- Provide on site support, liaising with the project manager and other technical disciplines.
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Degree: Civil Engineering or Equivalent - Required
- 10 years or above experience managing large scale projects involving Bridges and/or Highways
- Experience in managing teams with a design focused approach.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Innovative and proactive attitude with the desire to deliver.
- International experience.
- Would have worked for the main contractor.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an amazing and innovative company with advance orders and scope for career progression. My client will pay a highly competitive salary package. Send your CV as soon as possible to Michael Kelly if you think you are suitable for this role.