General Manger for Supply Chain: Valves BusinessMust have experience of purchasing of castings and machining with an annual budget of excess of £5million Accountabilities:Executes and develops objectives, processes, plans and programsLead implementation of supply management strategy, guidelines and processes and ensure compliance to these in operational purchasing in business unitImpact:Tactical: specify new products, processes, standards based on organisation strategy or set short -to mid - term operational plans Main Responsibilities:1.Lead and coach a team of operational purchasers to cover the whole Valves product portfolio.Overall responsibility for the sourcing and purchase of all goods and services required throughout the organisation3.Solve complex or continual - delivery problems when escalated from operational purchasers.4.Oversee and control in-bound logistics including controlling, monitoring, and reporting of inventory levels (if relevant for business unit).5.Ensure optimal inventory turnover that minimises material shortage downtime together with operational purchasers.6.Establishment and fostering of supplier relationships to develop and ensure a total least cost supply of the goods and services. 7.Participate in developing and ensuring implementation of and compliance to business unit supply management, strategy, guidelines and processes.To travel and meet with key suppliers when required, as well as travel to each Valve manufacturing site and maintain the proper management of each purchasing team and vendors.9.Ensure that annual scoring targets and objectives are met.10.Gather, consolidate and monitor spend data.
|Locations:||United Kingdom, South Yorkshire|
Production Process Planner - Steel
One of the UK's leading structural steel specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients.
- Co-ordinate design, detailing and contract programs with the production program to ensure it is manufactured efficiently and in line with budget requirements.
- Liaise with the Design Department & Drawing Office to discuss & give guidance on potential 'design for manufacture' opportunities, to aid greater efficiency within the works.
- Review Tekla Structures models of live contracts to establish accurate fabrication hours with a view to keeping the production programme accurate.
- Analyse Tender data obtained from project launch meetings to split and assign work to appropriate areas/ facility and assist in the completion of production hours assessments.
- Review work packages to assess most efficient methods for production incorporating project schedules and review project specification to ascertain impact to individual departments. Y
- Liase with department supervisors to establish a constant update of the current status of projects and chase up any issues. The Planner will be the "link" between departments and assist in any issues with drawing packages.
- Work closely with QS department to substantiate variations, plus ensure project hours/ tonnages are updated for the production program.
- Work with the Estimating team to give production guidance on fabrication times, plus feedback production performance statistics.
- Responsible for completing a 'Master Efficiency' document, which reports all production hours spent on both internal & sub-contact processes for each live contract. This document is circulated around all Directors & Managers to give feedback on live contracts against production budgets.
- Experience of working in the Construction Industry, ideally Structural Steelwork, preferably with a Technical background
- Previous experience using Tekla Structures would be an advantage.
- A relevant academic qualification such as HND or appropriate qualification would be an advantage.
Whats on offer
- Development opportunity for a Process looking to grow their career within a dynamic business with a unique setup and a strong client base.
- Competitive basic salary and company benefits are available to the successful applicant.
- You will be working for a company truly invested in growing its talent and a friendly and supportive working culture.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company at your earliest convenience