ROLE: Estimator / Bid ManagerLOCATION: DorsetSALARY: Dependent on Experience A market leading specialist steel contractor is currently looking for an experience Estimator / Bid Manager to be based in their very impressive office in Dorset They are an established and growing company who value their staff above all. They aim to provide an excellent working environment, training, support and opportunity to grow at a rate that suits you in your chosen career. The Bid Manager shall: Be responsible for ensuring bids are submitted on time and to a high standardReport as required on the progress of each bid against agreed programme.Review technical solutions to ensure most cost efficient solutions are submittedImplement bid strategies to co-ordinate the preparation and submissionPresent internally for approval, information incl technical responses, staffing and administration structures for bid preparationCo-ordinate, prepare and continually review bid submissions.Prepare meeting schedules and coordination of the design and construct teamsPrepare bid presentations In return you will be working for one of the market leaders in there field both in the UK and Internationally. The company is due to relocate to brand new state of the art facilities in the next year and have very ambitious plans for the future and you can be a part of that journey. If you feel you you are right for this role please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at your earliest convenience.
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Derbyshire|
Our client, a market leading specialist steel contractor is currently looking for an exceptional Pre-Construction Manager to be based in the Derby office.
The successful candidate will be part of of a welcoming environment, with excellent long term development, training and progression available.
- To take the preconstruction lead on tender and bids taking responsibility for the projects from inception to starting on site.
- Liaise with Managing Estimator to
- Take the lead on tenders with the clients representatives establishing win strategy's and key client drivers for selection.
- Lead in tender bid settlements with the appropriate grade of director personnel who can sign off bids.
- Manage a small preconstruction team , liaising with the construction delivery teams prior to commencing on site.
- Liaise with design managers or lead the preconstruction design process depending on the project size and complexity.
- Liaising with other team members - Business Development Manager; Managing Estimator & Estimating team; Construction delivery teams; Design Managers; Planning Manager; Head office framework functions.
- Lead bids and take responsibility for - client liaison during bid; technical bid submissions; lead bid settlement meetings with appropriate director.
- Asta Planning Skills (Desirable);
- BIM understanding (Desirable);
- 5 years preconstruction experience - bid writing/ submissions, Ideally with similar peer group contractor in local area;
- Engineering/ Construction Management background
- Steel construction experience is desirable but not essential
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- Rewards for excellence
- Training and development
If you're committed to delivering time and time again and playing a pivotal part in the building process of the future. Then please don't hesitate to get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company