Quantity Surveyor LocationKent About the Company:Our client is a specialist steel contractor, who pride them self in advanced engineering, award winning designs and high profile projects for top tier contractors / developers across the UK. About the Role: My client are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor's, with a experience within structural steel construction, reporting into the Commercial Director. You will be capable of managing a project with values ranging up to £1m-£7m. The projects will be across the UK covering various industry sectors.This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the industry leaders providing fantastic career opportunities. This role would suit somebody with the desire to achieve results by hard work and who wish to participate in the future of one of the most progressive organisations. The working environment is very friendly and enjoyable to be a part of which is reflected in the remarkably low staff turnover. Your role will include but not be limited t* Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies* Performing risk and value management and cost control* Advising on procurement strategy* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks* Preparing and analysing costings for tendersAbout the benefits / rewards:Our client support, develop and understand their employees. They offer employee stability through permanent long-term employment and stable working environment. You will be well rewarded for your hard work with a remuneration package that will correspond to the individuals experience and skills. Requirements:Candidates will already have Surveying experience with a leading subcontractor/contractor and ideally worked on steel structural engineering projects. If you wish to discuss this role and company further, please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company
|Salary:||£35,000 to £50,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Herefordshire|
Our client, a market leading specialist steel contractor is currently looking for an exceptional Pre-Construction Engineer/ Manager to be based in Herefordshire.
The successful candidate will be part of of a welcoming environment, with excellent long term development, training and progression available.
- To take the preconstruction lead on tender and bids taking responsibility for the projects from inception to starting on site.
- Take the lead on tenders with the clients representatives establishing win strategy's and key client drivers for selection.
- Lead in tender bid settlements with the appropriate grade of director personnel who can sign off bids.
- Manage a small preconstruction team , liaising with the construction delivery teams prior to commencing on site.
- Liaise with design managers or lead the preconstruction design process depending on the project size and complexity.
- Liaising with other team members - Business Development Manager; Managing Estimator & Estimating team; Construction delivery teams; Design Managers; Planning Manager; Head office framework functions.
- Lead bids and take responsibility for - client liaison during bid; technical bid submissions; lead bid settlement meetings with appropriate director.
- Engineering/ Estimating / Construction Management background desirable
- Steel construction experience essential
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- Rewards for excellence
- Training and development
For more information on this role please get in touch with out Steel Specialist Sharon O'Donnell