ROLE: Project ManagerSALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 Plus PackageLOCATION: West Midlands My client is currently looking for an established Contract's Manager with significant experience in Structural Steel. The job role will entail delivering numerous Structural Steel a Projects to successful fruition. Contracts will range in value from from £500,000 to £4m in value. The successful candidate will work between both the office and site.The job role will entail:Providing support to the company and client site teams.Working closely with the design team to develop value engineering options, improve upon product aesthetics and enhance delivery timescale.Set and manage project delivery strategies; monitoring progress, maintaining quality and commercial aspects of the scheme.Plan/phase manufacture through the workshop with the workshop foreman. Plan procurement with purchasing.Contribute as part of the Senior Management to the effective day to day running of the business and shaping future strategies and policies to ensure continued growth and upholding of reputation within the industry.Experience / QualificationsAppropriate CSCS card.SMSTS (or equivalent) health and safety qualification.Appointed Person qualification would also be an advantage.Experience of working in within the structural steel industry.If you feel this role is for you, please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company.
|Salary:||£45,000 to £61,000 Per Annum|
|Locations:||United Kingdom, North Yorkshire|
Role: Materials Manager
Based: North Yorkshire
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 Plus Package
One of the Top Steel Specialist Contractors in the UK is currently looking for an exceptional Materials Manager to join their business on a permanent basis. The role will be responsible for the cost effective procurement of raw materials for the manufacture of steel structures, the management of the associated supply chain and a team of material buyers
The company manage a number of large, well known projects in the industry and work alongside some of the best main contractors, so this would be a great position for someone who is experienced in the industry and would like to apply their skills, knowledge and experience on other well-known, large scale projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cost effective, efficient and quality driven procurement
- Comprehensive management of all aspects of the Supply Chain
- Monitoring and forecasting upcoming levels of demand
- Development of "best practice" procurement
- Assist the Commercial function with bid generation
- Management and development of a small team of buyers
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain management in a heavy engineering / manufacturing high volume environment whilst operating in a senior procurement role
- Knowledge of procurement for all aspects of structural steel production
- Experience of delivering efficiency's and cost savings
- Capable of making important and strategic decisions
- Excellent communication, negotiation, leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Experience of working with either a ERP or MRP system
If you have the required skills/experience required and are looking to join a well-established company in the industry, then please do not hesitate to contact Sharon O'Donnell at your earliest convenience.