Role: Design Manager - Highways Schemes Location: Based in Bedfordshire Are you an experienced Design Manager with a record of successfully delivering Highways Maintenance schemes? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a highly successful regional team within a tier 1 market leading contractor? Within this newly created position, my client is looking to bring in an experienced Design Manager, reporting directly to the Schemes Manager they will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of all design proposals. The ideal candidate will have experience of Highways Schemes or come from a similar Civils background. Main Duties and Responsibilities:On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:Design responsibility for the works packages.Working with the Supply Chain to ensure levels of service.Ensure that your objectives are adequately cascaded and supported by your team.Promote and value a culture of continual improvement.Support Construction Manager in the production of annual budget. Essential:Demonstrable understanding of all schemes activities through design, build and handover.Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.Ability to advise Clients at all stages of project.An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.Ability to engage with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.An understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression. Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.
|Salary:||£190 to £260 Per Day|
|Town/City:||North West England|
£200 - £260 a day
Our market leading civil engineering contractor is currently seeking a Highways Supervisor with experience in Structures and Bridges in the London area. You will be responsible for supervising works to a certain standard and ensuring that schemes are carried out in time and on budget
Duties will also include:
- Liaise with the Client, Operations Manager, Supervisors and Planning team
- Ensure that all permits and TTRO are in place
- Manage the delivery of the program via in house labour and supply chain and manage the co-ordination and delivery of sub-contractor operations where needed.
- Capable of understanding and developing works programs, delegating tasks to the gangs and giving instruction to others, with ability to explain procedures for most type of work
- Minimum 5 years in industry or allied industries
- Sub contract documentation knowledge
- Ability to manage health and safety
- Familiarity with contract clauses/ sub clauses and changes incl. NEC3
- Knowledge of Chapter 8 and Safety at Street works
If you feel you are right for this role, please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company more information