Quantity Surveyor LocationKent About the Company:Our client is a specialist steel contractor, who pride them self in advanced engineering, award winning designs and high profile projects for top tier contractors / developers across the UK. About the Role: My client are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor's, with a experience within structural steel construction, reporting into the Commercial Director. You will be capable of managing a project with values ranging up to £1m-£7m. The projects will be across the UK covering various industry sectors.This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the industry leaders providing fantastic career opportunities. This role would suit somebody with the desire to achieve results by hard work and who wish to participate in the future of one of the most progressive organisations. The working environment is very friendly and enjoyable to be a part of which is reflected in the remarkably low staff turnover. Your role will include but not be limited t* Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies* Performing risk and value management and cost control* Advising on procurement strategy* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks* Preparing and analysing costings for tendersAbout the benefits / rewards:Our client support, develop and understand their employees. They offer employee stability through permanent long-term employment and stable working environment. You will be well rewarded for your hard work with a remuneration package that will correspond to the individuals experience and skills. Requirements:Candidates will already have Surveying experience with a leading subcontractor/contractor and ideally worked on steel structural engineering projects. If you wish to discuss this role and company further, please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company
|Salary:||€65,000 to €105,000 Per Annum|
General Manager / Senior Contract Manager
Location: Co. Kildare, Leinster, Ireland
My client is currently looking to employ a General Manager / Senior Contract Manager to over see the steel fabrication/temporary works division of the business.
- Management of fabrication projects from initial client enquiry, preparation of quotations, order/project winning, processing of production documents and issuing to production teams.
- Management of production productivity.
- Management of Labour, Budgeting, Job programming, business Development
- P&L responsibility for the business unit.
- Maintenance of the existing CE system.
- Management of stock levels.
- Purchasing stock, this involves daily contact with suppliers on a project by project basis.
- Responsibility for the management, development and growth of the business unit.
Required knowledge and experience
- Experience in the structural / architectural steel fabrication industry.
- Fully understand the fabrication processes in a small-medium sized work shop.
- Planning and programming experience
In return you will receive a generous salary, opportunity to progress throughout the company and be part of a senior management team giving you the autonomy to run yours and your teams own work schedule.
For more information please contact out Steel Specialist Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company