ROLE: Estimator / Bid ManagerLOCATION: DorsetSALARY: Dependent on Experience A market leading specialist steel contractor is currently looking for an experience Estimator / Bid Manager to be based in their very impressive office in Dorset They are an established and growing company who value their staff above all. They aim to provide an excellent working environment, training, support and opportunity to grow at a rate that suits you in your chosen career. The Bid Manager shall: Be responsible for ensuring bids are submitted on time and to a high standardReport as required on the progress of each bid against agreed programme.Review technical solutions to ensure most cost efficient solutions are submittedImplement bid strategies to co-ordinate the preparation and submissionPresent internally for approval, information incl technical responses, staffing and administration structures for bid preparationCo-ordinate, prepare and continually review bid submissions.Prepare meeting schedules and coordination of the design and construct teamsPrepare bid presentations In return you will be working for one of the market leaders in there field both in the UK and Internationally. The company is due to relocate to brand new state of the art facilities in the next year and have very ambitious plans for the future and you can be a part of that journey. If you feel you you are right for this role please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at your earliest convenience.
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Essex|
Role: Development Manager - Highways
Location: Home Counties - ideal role for someone looking to relocate
Are you an experienced Development Manager, or an aspiring leader looking to step into the role, with experience of Highways Schemes? Reporting to the Head of Design, my client is seeking to appoint a dynamic leader with a high level of design technical knowledge and experience to become an integral part of the Design Services Leadership Team. This role will interface with Developers and Local Authorities to ensure new roads are built correctly prior to residents moving into their new Houses.
My client is looking to recruit a Development Manager to direct and co-ordinate teams of professional staff and works in partnership with a range of key stakeholders. Liaising with District Council planning teams and developers to ensure appropriate highway changes are approved and implemented.
The successful candidate will have a focus on developing new opportunities to deliver efficient and improved ways of working.
Your duties will include:
- Provide clear and robust leadership.
- Assist the Head of Design by forming an integral part of the Design Services Leadership Team.
- Prepare and manage annual business plans.
- Ensure strong budgetary control and financial management is undertaken.
- Engage with customers.
- Engage with other authorities, agencies and the commercial sector for the delivery of highway services.
- Deliver the programme of works.
- Oversee negotiations with developers and liaise with local planning authorities.
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Degree level or equivalent high level qualification in related subject or proven experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing highway services including statutory processes involved with these activities.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and design standards.
- Management of staff.
- Understanding of Local Government structure.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression.
Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.