Quantity Surveyor LocationKent About the Company:Our client is a specialist steel contractor, who pride them self in advanced engineering, award winning designs and high profile projects for top tier contractors / developers across the UK. About the Role: My client are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor's, with a experience within structural steel construction, reporting into the Commercial Director. You will be capable of managing a project with values ranging up to £1m-£7m. The projects will be across the UK covering various industry sectors.This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the industry leaders providing fantastic career opportunities. This role would suit somebody with the desire to achieve results by hard work and who wish to participate in the future of one of the most progressive organisations. The working environment is very friendly and enjoyable to be a part of which is reflected in the remarkably low staff turnover. Your role will include but not be limited t* Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies* Performing risk and value management and cost control* Advising on procurement strategy* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks* Preparing and analysing costings for tendersAbout the benefits / rewards:Our client support, develop and understand their employees. They offer employee stability through permanent long-term employment and stable working environment. You will be well rewarded for your hard work with a remuneration package that will correspond to the individuals experience and skills. Requirements:Candidates will already have Surveying experience with a leading subcontractor/contractor and ideally worked on steel structural engineering projects. If you wish to discuss this role and company further, please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Oxfordshire|
Role: Design Engineer
Company: Tier 1 Global Contractor
Are you an experienced Civil Engineer with a history of successfully delivering highways improvement schemes? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a busy Design team within a high profile, long term contract? Then a role within a Global Market leading Contractor could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit an exceptional Design Engineers to become an integral part of a successful long-term contract delivery team within a major Highways / Traffic improvement contract based in Oxford.
The successful candidate will have a solid Civil Engineering and Design background and would ideally have worked on Highways, Structures or Transport schemes.
- Support regular design and discipline meetings
- Ensure all technical work is completed to the correct standards and specifications
- Responsible for maintaining quality and consistency of civil engineering technical documents
- Ensure project deliverables meet the agreed standards and quality and deliver the benefits by design strategies as defined by the TM
- Provide and maintain an estimate for design works needed to deliver the precast design
- Design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes
- Suitable Qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering or other relevant subject (Degree, HNC etc.)
- Civils, Infrastructure, Highways or Structures experience
- Good understanding of civil engineering conceptual design and optioneering & civil details design
In return for being a successful candidate you will be offered a competitive salary, depending on experience plus an attractive benefits package. This really is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the market leaders in this field.