Looking for a Principal/Senior Civil Engineer for an ongoing contract out of Winchester. What you'll be doing:*Be responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager*Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)*Prepare client / project proposals*Oversees the delivery of projects*Produce flood risk assessments (FRA's) and Drainage strategies*Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals*Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals*Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects*Produce civil engineering drawings and layout and/or supervise/mentor more junior engineers & CAD Technicians*Provides day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving*Starting to run small jobs autonomously*Flexible working to meet project deliverables, demonstrates efficient working under pressure*Procure project resources*Construct project teams from internal and external resources.*Support senior civil engineering staff with designWhat we need from you:*Some experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice*Pre-Planning experience for Flood Risk and/or Masterplanning support [desirable]*A good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc.)*An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2*A relevant engineering qualification (BEng or equivalent)*Good understanding of Building Regulation Part H designs, and*A competent user of Windes Microdrainage, AutoCAD*Fully conversant in AutoCAD with Civil Engineering related experienceif this is of interest to you then call Matt today on 01962 896 369
Are you an ambitious, talented Cost Manager/Engineer seeking to enhance your career with a leading international consultancy within their thriving operations in Berlin?
My client is enjoying a period of sustained expansion and this is a fantastic opportunity to join their business operations in Germany and be a key member of their commercial team.
Key responsibilities of the position includes.
- Preparation of cash-flow estimates and updating at each stage
- Assist in procurement process management, prequalification and provision of procurement advice
- Overseeing the preparation of bills of quantities
- Assist in preparation of tender documentation and tender analysis for consultants or contractors
- Assist in selecting, negotiating and forming contracts
- Change management, provision of estimates and overall budget control
- Post contract administration services of consultants and contractors
- Review of variations, claims, quantum and provision of contractual advice
- Management of consultants and contractor agreements
- Provision of reports as required by the client and other stakeholders
- Quality control; compliance with policies and procedures
- Participate in value engineering and life cycle costing
- Assist in risk management
Experience & Qualifications:
- You will have minimum 3 years' experience as a Cost Manager/QS.
- You will ideally be Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Fluency in both German & English language.
- Experience working on behalf of Clients, project management and engineering consultancy experience
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you believe you have the required desire skills and experience, then please submit an up to date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please be assured that all correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.