Role: Design Manager - Highways Schemes Location: Based in Bedfordshire Are you an experienced Design Manager with a record of successfully delivering Highways Maintenance schemes? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a highly successful regional team within a tier 1 market leading contractor? Within this newly created position, my client is looking to bring in an experienced Design Manager, reporting directly to the Schemes Manager they will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of all design proposals. The ideal candidate will have experience of Highways Schemes or come from a similar Civils background. Main Duties and Responsibilities:On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:Design responsibility for the works packages.Working with the Supply Chain to ensure levels of service.Ensure that your objectives are adequately cascaded and supported by your team.Promote and value a culture of continual improvement.Support Construction Manager in the production of annual budget. Essential:Demonstrable understanding of all schemes activities through design, build and handover.Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.Ability to advise Clients at all stages of project.An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.Ability to engage with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.An understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression. Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.
|Sector(s):||Power & Energy|
|Locations:||Middle East & North Africa, Saudi Arabia|
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an extensive background in a financial analyst role as well as experience on the legal side with regards to contracts analysis, to take on a new challenge and move their career forward with a great company.
- Overseeing the booking of all financial entries in the books of account.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Vendor payments
- Prepare applications and lodge claim to custom department in coordination with custom agent
- Reconcile annual records of customs with internal records
- Review custom duties claims from O & M Contractor and submit quarterly invoice to the Off-taker.
- Review and analyse project financial model and produce effective reports/ information to the management
- Participate in monthly closing process, including performing variance analysis with comparison between actual and budget.
- Prepares financial analysis which would help the higher management in decision making.
- Assist in preparation of yearly budget in close coordination with all concerned departments/functions
- Carry out preparation for internal audit and maintain required records and documents
- Assist in preparation of Management reports, financial information and analysis
- Monitor and accounting for special projects
- Preparations of reconciliations for certain balance sheet and key P&L accounts
- Working closely with the finance team to prepare management dashboards and key messaging for forecast discussions with the business
- Conduct in-depth analysis, developing insights, identifying trends
- Reconcile and maintain the Fixed assets register
Ideal candidate attributes for this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Commerce/ Finance
- Ideally a Chartered Accountant or CPA qualified
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, preferably in Utility or Manufacturing Sector
- Strong Excel and SAP knowledge
- Examples of implementing process improvements in a business
- Have effective relationship building skills, be self-motivated, confident
- Outstanding proven communication across all levels of the business
If you meet the above criteria, then apply now for the next step in your career.