ROLE: Project ManagerSALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 Plus PackageLOCATION: West Midlands My client is currently looking for an established Contract's Manager with significant experience in Structural Steel. The job role will entail delivering numerous Structural Steel a Projects to successful fruition. Contracts will range in value from from £500,000 to £4m in value. The successful candidate will work between both the office and site.The job role will entail:Providing support to the company and client site teams.Working closely with the design team to develop value engineering options, improve upon product aesthetics and enhance delivery timescale.Set and manage project delivery strategies; monitoring progress, maintaining quality and commercial aspects of the scheme.Plan/phase manufacture through the workshop with the workshop foreman. Plan procurement with purchasing.Contribute as part of the Senior Management to the effective day to day running of the business and shaping future strategies and policies to ensure continued growth and upholding of reputation within the industry.Experience / QualificationsAppropriate CSCS card.SMSTS (or equivalent) health and safety qualification.Appointed Person qualification would also be an advantage.Experience of working in within the structural steel industry.If you feel this role is for you, please get in touch with Sharon O'Donnell at The Highfield Company.
|Salary:||£100,000 to £130,000 Per Annum|
|Benefits:||Car, travel, health, pension|
Residential Construction Director
Our client is one of the world's leading international construction groups and one of the UK and Ireland's top contractors, and they are urgently looking for a Construction Director to work in their residential delivery division.
As part of the Senior Management team, the Construction Director will take full responsibility for the delivery of all residential schemes, ensuring that the build quality will continuously be of a high level, that sites will be delivered to agreed programmes completion schedules and customer service/satisfaction will be of high importance. This will include leading and managing the construction team and business development.
The current pipeline includes a committed delivery of over 400 homes in 2019 and a strong leads to 500+ homes in 2020.
They are seeking candidates with the following:
- Proven track record in project managing the construction phase (start to finish) of a low/medium-rise residential developments for a recognised tier one / four star or above residential developer
- Experience of running multiple projects in excess of £15 million and proven track record of delivering in excess of 300 units per annum
- Strong knowledge of construction process, building and safety codes with excellent experience of value / cost engineering
- Strong programming skills and understanding of low-rise residential sequencing, systems and timescales
- Effective negotiation, decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in reading drawings, specifications and knowledge of construction process
- Proven risk assessment, monitoring and control skills with an understanding of delivering projects of scale within agreed programme
- A motivator and leader of others, able to evaluate problems or issues and offer solutions.
- Strong technical skills with an in-depth understanding of project management and logistical project challenges
- Able to successfully motivate, lead and manage teams, possessing excellent people skills
- Chair weekly management and co-ordination meetings with all Project / Contract Managers to ensure all key performance requirements are being managed and to identify where the Construction Directors influence is required
- Effectively manage the Construction function to ensure best practices are followed
- Identify in advance a schedule of information required to meet the build programme and circulate as necessary
- Identify critical path issues such as services and put plans in place to meet key dates
- In conjunction with General Manager, produce build programmes and monitor and review in conjunction with Project / Contract Managers to ensure adherence to programmes
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager on the appointment of suitable sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources and expertise to achieve required quality within agreed timescales
- Monitor and inspect developments regularly to ensure that all quality control procedures are being adhered to and that the highest standards of build are being achieved and reflected in good independent audit results
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet company needs
Our client is keen to interview as soon as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with an extremely well reputed, tier 1 company, with excellent long-term prospects.
On offer will be a competitive salary package and a long-term position with the company.