Role: Design Manager - Highways Schemes Location: Based in Bedfordshire Are you an experienced Design Manager with a record of successfully delivering Highways Maintenance schemes? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a highly successful regional team within a tier 1 market leading contractor? Within this newly created position, my client is looking to bring in an experienced Design Manager, reporting directly to the Schemes Manager they will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of all design proposals. The ideal candidate will have experience of Highways Schemes or come from a similar Civils background. Main Duties and Responsibilities:On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:Design responsibility for the works packages.Working with the Supply Chain to ensure levels of service.Ensure that your objectives are adequately cascaded and supported by your team.Promote and value a culture of continual improvement.Support Construction Manager in the production of annual budget. Essential:Demonstrable understanding of all schemes activities through design, build and handover.Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.Ability to advise Clients at all stages of project.An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.Ability to engage with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.An understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression. Please contact Peter Morse as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.
|Sector(s):||Power & Energy|
|Locations:||Middle East & North Africa, Saudi Arabia|
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an extensive background in power asset management to take on a new challenge and move their career forward with a great company.
- Develop, maintain and regularly improve an overall asset management plan and strategy for the company.
- Serve as primary interface point between the company and the O&M Contractor in terms of day-to-day technical performance and adherence to the O&M Agreement.
- Ensure company's compliance to requirements of the WECA in regard to operation and maintenance and to other technical requirements, e.g. regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the plant is operated and maintained as per the asset management strategy and in such a way that reliability is maximised at all times while striving to maximise return to the shareholders in the mid and long term.
- Effectively manage and lead the asset management team.
- Serve as primary point of contact with technical counterparts including plant management, asset representatives from investment partners, consultants & advisers.
- Proactively identify & analyse existing & emerging technical and operating cost-related issues and make recommendations to the Company.
- Review and approve annual plant operating budgets, assist with the preparation of internal Company annual budgets and updates, monitor actual technical and cost performance and provide variance analysis that explains material differences between actual versus budget.
- Assist the Company with techno-commercial due diligence on prospective new investments and improvements in the company and manage third-party consultants and adviser's that support these activities.
- Analyse technical proposals from the O&M Contractor in terms of feasibility and potential value adding to the company.
- Conduct techno-commercial studies for the company as and when required.
- Lead engineering matters and initiatives on behalf of the company.
- Provide high quality qualitative and quantitative reports in Microsoft Office format (Word, Excel, Power Point) meeting the needs of the Company's short- and long-term reporting requirements.
- Maintain Company technical files of essential long term records and material project documents.
Ideal candidate attributes for this role:
- Power plant design engineering and operations / maintenance experience
- Mechanical Engineering background supplemented by either formal course work in business-related topics or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of asset management methods, strategies and practical applications in power plant applications.
- Ability and willingness to multitask and frequently shifting attention from one to the other issue without losing sight and focus on the long-term matters and strategy as it is required in a small, effective and flexible working group.
- At least 10 years of related experience, with at least 5 years in managing technical personnel and complex activities.
- Power plant design engineering and operations / maintenance experience.
- Evidence of attention to detail, punctuality, sense of urgency & ability to work under pressure to meet internal and external deadlines.
If you meet the above criteria, then apply now for the next step in your career.