General Manger for Supply Chain: Valves BusinessMust have experience of purchasing of castings and machining with an annual budget of excess of £5million Accountabilities:Executes and develops objectives, processes, plans and programsLead implementation of supply management strategy, guidelines and processes and ensure compliance to these in operational purchasing in business unitImpact:Tactical: specify new products, processes, standards based on organisation strategy or set short -to mid - term operational plans Main Responsibilities:1.Lead and coach a team of operational purchasers to cover the whole Valves product portfolio.Overall responsibility for the sourcing and purchase of all goods and services required throughout the organisation3.Solve complex or continual - delivery problems when escalated from operational purchasers.4.Oversee and control in-bound logistics including controlling, monitoring, and reporting of inventory levels (if relevant for business unit).5.Ensure optimal inventory turnover that minimises material shortage downtime together with operational purchasers.6.Establishment and fostering of supplier relationships to develop and ensure a total least cost supply of the goods and services. 7.Participate in developing and ensuring implementation of and compliance to business unit supply management, strategy, guidelines and processes.To travel and meet with key suppliers when required, as well as travel to each Valve manufacturing site and maintain the proper management of each purchasing team and vendors.9.Ensure that annual scoring targets and objectives are met.10.Gather, consolidate and monitor spend data.
|Locations:||United Kingdom, Essex|
ROLE: Asset Validation Team Leader
Currently on the lookout for an Asset Validation Team Leader to join a leading UK Contractor. Working within the Highways Asset Maintenance team as the Team Leader providing structure and leadership to ensure there is a clear sense of direction and high performance from everyone.
- Lead the team responsible for Validation of Maintenance works
- Effectively use asset management tools and techniques within the team
- Challenge systems already in place to establish appropriate maintenance methods
- Implement programmes to support existing date
- Visit sites to confirm suitability for maintenance works and treatments
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent or extensive experience in highways
- Evidence of strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation relating to highways
- Demonstrable knowledge of Asset Management and experience in principles and concepts of Asset Management
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the necessary requirements, please contact Hannah on 01962 896338 or